In this episode of the podcast, Mikey Peres and Aimee Tariq discuss the oral microbiome, why it’s important and how one can maximize their health by maintaining a healthy microbiome.
Some of the topics discussed:
– What is a microbiome?
– Are they microbes throughout your body different? If so, why did you choose to focus on the oral microbiome?
– Although the microbes throughout our body are vastly different, are they related? How might this relationship help us understand and fight disease?
– How does the oral microbiome have the power to affect the entire body?
– What potential diseases can be influenced by an imbalance in the oral microbiome?
– What are some things we do that negatively affect the oral microbiome?
– What can we do to help achieve a healthy homeostasis?